Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Past Six Days...

Hi blogville!!!

Ok you know what?

My passionette created this blog for me to empty my thoughts into.
But guess what, I never did. Just did not see the need to.
But now, right now, i.e this very moment,
I want to do it.
I feel the need to, and I’m going to do just that.

So here I go fellas.

I’m going to start from yesterday, no, five days ago and then travel down memory lane. If you care to join me, I’ll be grateful for the company.

Five days ago, I had my evaluation in the office and I was rated poorly by my reviewers…no promotion!!!

In a division of about 70 people, I was the only one not promoted.

Five days ago, division head calls me, with all the people I worked with during the year, to explain to me why I was not promoted. He explained alright. But the explanation made no sense. It sounded like ‘we will make it up to you, just accept this for now’.

Of course I could not accept this. I looked at all the people I worked with and asked them to speak up. They had commended my work during the year. I had actually taught one of them financial modeling and covered up for him when he did not know it. I looked at them like a lost child, saying say something……I heard nothing…… they said nothing…..it had been decided…….and I did not know why.

And to think I almost left this firm six days ago.

Four days ago, I walked into the office and I felt everyone looked at me funny. It was not easy because it was an intellect driven environment. Not to be promoted meant something was lacking up there. I broke down into tears. Some colleagues pretended not to know what was happening and others just did not know what to say to me. Frankly, I pitied them. These people have put us all in an awkward position. But guess what, I decided to take it in my stride. It was a tough call but I made it. (guess my life is not as perfect as I thought).

My hubby held my hands and told me ‘they have no idea what they just lost. Not one of them is fit to evaluate you; their poor opinion really is immaterial. We all know you for who you are and what you are made of’. Nice try I thought. I’ll go about my normal duties as if nothing has happened. I know and they know too that I don’t deserve what I got. Hell there’s more to my life than this work’.

Three days ago, a long lost friend called me and asked me to join their firm. They were offering me two steps ahead of my current position, double my package, a car of my choice (within a limit though) and some other perks to go with it. It was and oil service firm. I was lost. I asked why all these, they claimed they saw something I did for a client in my current firm and concluded they had to have me. Apparently, the same client I was rated poorly on, and for the same job too.

Did I think twice about it…..nooooo!!!

Well yes.

I had a little project I was working on and thought the job will conflict with it, so I actually did think about it.

Then, two days ago, I took the job. As I stepped into my new office, I was glad I took it. I was to come and run my show!!!

And I thought to myself, ‘where did these people put God when they were scheming things about me?’ apparently they thought he did not exist – f***s

Yesterday, my little project, potentially worth some bns sailed through. It is to keep my busy for the next three years. Ask me really, where did they put God in their plans?

So today, I need to decide what next to do with my life…help if you can.

3 comments:

Tyger said...

so this is all of it...

the way it worked...

interesting...

stupid people that didnt promote you ... i hate their arses...

lucky bastards your new employers...they like me, know a good thing when they see it

aloted said...

firt time here and had to put a comment on this entry-

its amazing how God works in our life..and how he is orchestrating every detail.

Am sure now your old company are asking themselves why they didn't promote u..lol...

all the best in the new place :)

Sagacité said...

@ aloted: thanks aloted, been to your blog severally though. will keep you posted in the future, its all good.

@Tyger: i have told you, stop calling them those names. they played thier role.